sits

Women Online

Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Bonnet Experiment.

So for years now I've been trying to teach myself to knit, but my hands seem to always just go back to the art that I learned as a child in Pathfinders, crochet.
Lately, it's been an obsession!!! I have to learn to do this!!!! ( it's # 74 on my bucket list). So after subjecting my poor daughter to all those boring garter stitch scarves ( she is the only one who feels sorry for me and graciously takes in all my projects. :-/ )
I decided to step out of the garter/stockinette stitch box and try something lacy. So, this is what I came up with. I found this little bonnet pattern in and old "learn to knit" book, and decided to brave it. The pattern is written for a 6mo. old baby, so in order to make it a bit larger to fit a 19mo. old toddler, ( I wonder who that could be?) I used larger needles. Yarn overs are really not that difficult. Of course, the lace pattern was enough of a lesson for one project. So, instead of racking my nerves trying to learn how to pick up stitches, I cheated and added a crochet picot edge. And VOILA!!!!!
Not to shabby huh????

No comments:

Post a Comment